Help! Stuck rear seat belt on 98 Impreza wagon

Hi Folks,

I would appreciate some help on this.

My 98 Impreza BSW right rear seatbelt is stuck. It seems to have been caused by having 3 child seats in the back seat. It appears the child- seat lock mechanism became engaged (as it should) but did not disengage. We've used child seats many times before with no problems. I removed the belt from the car, and am now searching for a replacement part online (nobody seems to have a used part here). However, the part numbers I type in don't show up. Am I doing something wrong? What I have in my hands is an assembly, which has the belt itself, some brackets, the locking mechanism (where the belt is wound), etc. Some of the numbers are:

90100A015 90502A013 90514C1 567016, F8633T (on belt itself)

None of these show up on any online parts stores I've found. Are these not Subaru part numbers? Please help.

Regards,

Ricardo

Reply to
jabog6

Aren't seatbelts a warrantable item regardless of car age? Get your dealer to look at it and fix it for free as a safety issue.

Reply to
DS

That's what I though. My garage said the Honda dealer would replace them free of charge (if it was a Honda, of course). We called Subaru who essentially told us the warranty has expired, so we're on our own... I'm frankly a little disappointed at this.

Reply to
jabog6