Here it is...2010 Legacy!

Not bad, but nothing special either. I must say I am a bit disapointed. There is a new 2.5L engine, but making only

170hp, albeit at lower rpm, which is great.

The back of the new Legacy reminds me of a Chevy Malibu, but pictures can be deceiving, so must see the real thing first. The tell the truth, from pictures the new Hyundai Genesis' exterior appears to be an example of pure elegance in comparison. I really don't like the curved fenders etc. (but again, have to see the real thing).

M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

I could have sworn you said "Subaru"...

When cars get ugly, they do it all at once, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Now to get the 3.6L in a wagoon!

Reply to
John

Wow!

Arogance, and lack money to hire a decent (Italian?) designer, I suspect.

Japanese emulate American appearance thinking this is what Americans must want, ...while Big Three is going broke, and slaming on the public whatever idiotic concept they hastily come up with, ...most recently a money saving "back to retro" idea (see the return of muscle car look of the seventies (Charger, resurection of the Camaro), and the pushing of truck like things like the HHR, ...the curved fenders fetish etc., other follies.

In my opinion, all outdated, and ugly.

Chrysler is going to bring a few beautiful Alphas under the Fiat deal, but these cars are horrible reliability wise.

M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

I almost bought an HHR. I always thought "pie wagons" were neat...

Problem is, I wanted the HO 2.0 liter with a 5-speed transmission. I have been a Japanese car fan since I was a kid, and a Toyota fan since my Mom bought one in 1972. I was willing to take a chance on a US car, and a GM at that.

Now, try to *FIND* the 174 HP/5 speed combination!

Scion had what I wanted sitting right on the lot...

Hachiroku

By other follies I meant things like the Avenger, I forgot the name, also Challanger/Charger, whatever.

M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

Very clean looking car, ...and a coupe!

I got the 2000 Impreza 2.2L Coupe cause I was looking for a small car with a torqey enough engine to comfortably handle an auto transmission. Many small cars don't do a good job in this area as the engines are not torquey enough and have to be revved to get to powerband and then the auto transmission is not as smooth shifting as in a larger displacement, more powerful car, cause it always shifts at exessively high engine rpm's.

For me it was either the torqey 1.9L Diesel Jetta, or the boxer engine Impreza. In 2000, when I was buying there where no small econo cars with larger engines like the 2.4L Scion. Mainly 1.7, 1.8, or 2.0 litres, domestic 2.2 which I didn't like.

After 55k miles and nearly 9 years I don't regret my choice, the Impreza has been a nice, comfortable and smooth car. A bit underpowered but which small car is not?

This new Subaru 2.5L boxer seems to be a nice engine.

170 hp at relatively low 5600 rpm and 170 torqe at a lowish 4000 might result in a very smooth driving auto car.

I wonder will the Impreza eventually get this engine too.

M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

Yeah. Chrysler sure got UG-LY after the Diamler purchase! At one time it was actually a decent looking car:

Someone high up in design at Chrysler must have thought the Aztec was cool...

This was a nice looking car. I got it free but traded it 2 years later for $600 for a Scion tC. Still kicking myself. For $600 I should have kept it, it was a GREAT car!! (I NEVER thought I would EVER say that about an American car, but this one was as nice and dependable as any of my Toyotas!)

Hachiroku

Yeah, coupes are getting hard to find!

A few years ago I looked at an Impreza Sport wagon, but would up going back to Toyota in the end.

Do you ever drive?!?!? Or, are you like me? The Scion NEVER sees the road when there's salt on it, I use my '89 GL Coupe for snowy days, I have an '89 Mazda for not so snowy days, I have an '88 Supra for warm summer days ("Sport Roof" option) and the Scion when I'm going over 60 miles on nice days and REALLY want to get there...

And REALLY want to get there FAST!!!!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Here in the Sierras the Subaru is best for snow and sleet when the authorities want chains or

4-wheel drive to let you drive on I-80. Old clunker '89 Chevy Corsica V6 with 180k original miles and '90 Mazda 323 see use when weather is better.

M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

LOL! WAIT!!!! You use the NEW car for snow and ice and old beaters for good weather?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

:))))) That's what happens when you move to a place like Reno where AWD is needed, and you buy a new car.

To remedy the situation I have to get rid of the old clunkers and buy a new Subaru, ...then keep driving the old one in winter, just like I do now and everything will be fine ...unless of course I move back to Las Vegas.

Then I'll have two cars with AWD in the middle of the desert where its useless.

Nothing's perfect! M.J.

Reply to
M.J.

Looks like a nissan altima/maxima!!! Draw and quarter the subaru designers!!!!!!!! They will prevent mefrom buying another until the outback returns as a RUGGED looking wagon

Reply to
Big Jim

Not at all! Sticks to the road better!

Reply to