Hesitation during acceleration

Hi there, I have European '98 Forrester 2.0 l. with manual transmission. During acceleraration, especially in 2nd and 3th gear, I feel an engine hesitation. I know that American '98 models 2.5 l. and 2.2 l. had the same problem. Subaru published a Technical Service Bulletin; MFG number 115398, dated

990101 on this item. Can anybody tell me what this bulletin said about cause and solution. Greetings, Wabby
Reply to
wabby

Kurt C. Hack

It was an ECU flash, if I'm thinking of the same one. It fixed mine for a couple of months before the hesitation came back. Mine was finally fixed. The solution was new spark plugs. The dealer said the ones that shipped with the car were crappy Champions, and didn't seem surprised that they were toast. The car runs much much much better now.

Reply to
Cam Penner

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:00:45 -0800, Cam Penner

scribbled:

Just out of curiousity, what spark plugs are you using now?

I have champion spark plugs in my car, and mine hesitates to accelerate, and it shudders in 1st through to 3rd gear.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

Whatever the dealer put in. I didn't ask, and the work order didn't specify. Sorry.

Reply to
Cam Penner

Get NGK plugs. You don't need (or even want, so I've been told by my dealership) platinum plugs.

Reply to
D H

I bought a set of plugs from Subaru a month ago for my 2.5l. They said Subaru on the box, NGK on the plug.

Reply to
Jim Stewart