Hesitation/stumble in 2004 Outback 5 speed

I have got the same and can not get over it since January 2003 (alredy put into the car almost 35k miles). The dealer admitted the problem but after they attempted to fix it (twice changed clutch and tried to "reposition the trany in the bed") a few times, now thay say it is normal. I really do not know what to do with that.

A.

Reply to
Andy Leszczynski

Hi All

My wife just got a Subaru Outback. It's a 5 speed limited and was one of the last 2004's available around here. We really like the car, but there is one really annoying "feature". When you take your foot off the gas pedal, the car stumble/hesitates/clunks. At low speed this can fairly violent. We took it to the dealer and made the service manager drive it. He said "that's normal" to which I immediately replied "OK, let's drive another one". That one, of course, did not exhibit the behavior. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks Howard Lander

Reply to
Howard Lander