Hey, what happened to my front suspension?

My 2001 Forester's right front wheel struck a curb pretty hard. Afterward everything seemed to be okay -- no pulling to one side or anything. That is, until I drove at freeway speeds for the first time after the incident. Going around the curve of the on-ramp and then later changing lanes at high speed were experiences that were definitely... destabilizing. What has happened? How much will it cost?

-- Charles Packer

Charles Packer

Get it inspected by a trustworthy mech.

(could be broken anti-sway bar or link)

or ????

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

It turns out that it wasn't the suspension after all. I came out to the car this morning and saw that the left rear tire was almost flat. I realized immediately that that was the cause of the squishy handling. Evidently it had been already significantly low yesterday without it being obviously visible. This is the first time I've ever rejoiced at seeing a deflated tire!

-- Charles Packer

Charles Packer

well, that's a relief!

Reply to