HomeLink Mirror retrofit in '05 USA Forester XT

Has anyone done a retrofit of the original autodimming mirror with the new one that has the "HomeLink" functions built in? I have the *factory installed) autodimming mirror on an '05 USA Forester XT, but want to upgrade to the newer model and get rid of the bulky garage remote that takes up space in my sunglass holder. I see that there is a kit available from Subaru, and that there is some sort of adapter that is needed also. Anyone go thru this, and is it just a R& R with a cable connection? I assume that the adapter is for the additional power requirements of the HomeLink unit. Is that assumption correct ? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
QX

I been thinking about the same thing for my 01 Forester. Im lookin for the same answers.

Reply to
dnoyeB