Hood Deflector Installation

Does anyone know of a website (or know anything personally) about how to install a hood deflector on a 2004 Forester? I have the genuine Subaru part and all the necessary hardware, but the picture-based directions are a little confusing. I was hoping to find a place where I could get the instructions laid out for me in writing. Any ideas?

Reply to
etbm2003

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Reply to
houndman

just installed one on an 07' Impreza. I have some physical and mental limits, so I went over the parts and instructions a few times to get real familiar with them.

I had to move 2 of the protective tape strips that goes on the paint to protect from the clips, to get them completely under the clips. Probably not critical, but just in case.

I don't Think the Forester hood is as swept back as the imp. If I had to do another. I think I would mount all the clips, and put the deflector with clips mounted, on top of the hood to try to get an exact location for the tape strips. Might want to protect the paint. Can put tape on the clips.

VF

Reply to
houndman