horn location...

Hi!

I'm looking to replace the origional horn, but I'm not sure where it is, I just can't locate the source of the noise...

I noticed a horn looking thingy in the upper left hand corner as I face the engine compartment, but it doesn't vibrate when the horn button is pushed?

Is there a different noise maker for the alarm?

TIA, H.

Reply to
number 9

Pretty sure you have a seperate horn up in front of the radiator. Hella Supertones are a common 'upgrade' on WRXes and other soobs. Again, try a search ay

for illustrations and guides for installing new horns.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

"number 9" wrote in news:10b6g.13$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc- kc.rr.com:

I'd have to say that the location of the horns (there are most likely 2) greatly depends on waht year and model you have. For instance, the horns on my US 2003 Forester are located behind the left side driving light accessible by removing the fender liner.

Good luck!

- Snuffy -

Reply to
Mike Bender

It would help greatly to tell us exactly what car you have. The horn in the engine compartment (should be on the passenger strut tower) is the security horn for the optional alarm and will only sound when the alarm is triggered.

Reply to
mulder

Yes... that was pretty stupid of me &-). A tad too much of the Canadien Mist, I suppose. It's a '03 Forester. Thanx for the info.

H.

Reply to
number 9