How do I replace my Baja's fog light bulbs?

I have a 2003 Subaru Baja (basically an Outback). I want to replace the fog light bulbs but do not know how to get to them. The owner's manual says to take it to the dealer (year, right). Has anyone done this and is willing to let me know? TIA

Reply to
jMon

I did it. More then once. Every time it was easier then before. First time it took me an hour to figure it out. I was scared not to break anything since the car was new.

You have to lift the car with a jack, (easier to work) there is one plastic screw you have to remove that is just underneath fog light. After that you have to bend plastic cover a little. No harm done since it is very elastic.

Last you have to remove two screws from the bulb (Phillips) and viola. Bulb should come out after that.

Make sure not to damage plastic screw. It is made of two parts. One goes thru the other for stiffness. If you rip it out you may not be able to put it back latter.

I'll try to make few photos this weekend and post it with my next message.

Voja

jM> I have a 2003 Subaru Baja (basically an Outback). I want to replace

Reply to
Voja

I'm a little confused... do you mean from the front or the back?

Thanks for the info!

Reply to
jMon

Front, of course. Just after the front wheel there is a marked place where you can put jack to support the car.

Voja

jM> I'm a little confused... do you mean from the front or the back? >

Reply to
Voja

While I had my 2003 Baja up for an oil change, I got the rock guard off one of my fog lights by just twisting counter clockwise, then I removed two screws above but I was still unable to get to where I could replace the darn bulb! I did not see any plastic screw under the light as you described. AAARRRRRggggg!

Reply to
jMon

My 22 year old grandson came over with his first car and asked me to show him the things he need to know, maintance wise, about the car.(He didn't come to me first like in the Subaru sport car commerical of a decade ago, he have another brand) After a dry run on a flat tire change and fluid locations, we could not find an automatic transmission filler pipe. I found the rear of the head lights and tail lights but seem that a tool is needed to get under the clips. The VW manual said to have the dealer replace all lights. I see a lots of empty shade trees.

Reply to
Bill Cotton

Seems ridiculous to have to take a car to the dealer to swap out a light bulb!

Reply to
jMon