How Hard to Change Strut on Forester?

The Left Rear strut on my 2000 Forester is shot-it is leaking and clunking. How hard to change? Any special tips? I have changed shock absorbers before but never a strut. I have jacks, impact tool, hand tools, reasonable mechanical ability.

Thanks, Jake

Reply to
Jakey

I would definitely consider replacing at least both rear struts. After market KYB would be fine.

Carl

Jakey wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

are these selfleveling struts?

Wilco

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" schreef in bericht news:BIxNe.3695$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Wilco van Diest

Excellent post, accurate and succinct.

Carl

DG wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Thank you DG. Isn't the replacement part a complete unit that goes in place of the old unit? Why would I have to disassemble the unit with a spring compressor? Are you talking a strut cartridge replacement inside the unit?

Reply to
Jakey