How many horns in '97 OBW?

A few weeks ago my son drove my '97 OBW through some deep water during a heavy rain storm. He did not have any immediate problems but about a week later I noticed my car was overheating in city traffic on a rather hot day. I traced the problem to a blown fuse in the radiator/condenser fan circuit. I presume that the water got as high as the fan, and the drag of the water on the fan blades caused the fan motor to stall and blow the fuse.

I was out tonight and had a rare occasion to use my horn. When I first pressed the steering wheel there was no sound, then a weak sound and finally it got louder and stabilized at a reasonable level. So, I now believe that my son also got water in the horn(s) and that problem was not noticed until I used the horn tonight. The issue is that the horn does not sound quite correct, but I don't use it much so I can't be sure. It sounds like a single note and I thought that cars had two horns with slightly different frequencies. It is too dark right now to go looking, but was wondering if anyone knows if the '97 OBW has one or two horns.

-- Vic Roberts

Reply to
Victor Roberts

Should be two behind the grill, one on each side more or less. May be a third back by the fire wall if you have the factory security system. I don't know if the security system horn sounds when you tap the horn button or not, but I suspect it does.

ByeBye! S.

Looked and could only see one - on the right side of the car behind the radiator and A/C condenser.

-- Vic Roberts

Reply to
Victor Roberts