how much cost to replace camshaft sensor on 96' Legacy L?

Just wonder what the price is out here. Dealer told me $158 or parts and labor, but I check the internet the parts is only $60 at most, I wonder if it something easy that I can do?

Reply to
charleyw

Easy. 10mm wrench to loosen the bolt holding the sensor in place, and a bit of patience to snake the lead thru the jungle to the connector block at the back of the engine. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

Cam sensor is located at the top, front of the drivers side cylinder head, BTW.

ByeBye! S