How to backup your Kenwood Navigation DVD

[April 05] I have an European 2004 H6 Legacy with a Kenwood Navigation system (built-in). It came with DVD v 1.1 2003-2004 (86283AG011). A subaru dealer told me about a newer version and also that it cost close to =80

400.-.

The Kenwood DVD is double layered. Not having a double layered DVD-R at hand I made an image on the hard disk and it took 6.72 GB.

[Last Saturday] I finally bought one of these pricey double layer DVD-R and gave it a try. I chose the slow speed at 2x and it took about 30 minutes. I slid in that DVD backup and was immediately accepted by the Kenwood device. I also had it route me a trip accross three countries and 700km. The data was found, quickly as usual.

Here is the setup that worked for me:

- DVDRW LiteOn SOHW-1633S

- Nero 6.6.0.13

- Verbatim DVD+R 8.56GB DataLifePlus