How to reattach Rear Window defrost lead to glass?

So my rear window defrost on my Legacy wagon wasn't working--looked all through it for breaks--none! Then I noticed the actual solder point where the lead attaaches to the window is just broken off.

I need to reattach this. Basically a situation of rebonding two metal surfaces. I thought of something like a JB Weld right away but that bond won't conduct electricity. I thought of just placing the JB Weld around the edges and hoping the middles part are still in good contact. This seems sub-optimal and might make a bit of a mess.

Any ideas?

Winters coming to Boston--I gotta fix this soon.

Thanks Dan

Reply to
sweetdeez

Solder it with a low wattage iron? That's what I'd try. If you're not comfortable with that then seek professional help (with soldering).

Matt

Reply to
MattB

I think you need something like this:

*More info about the product can be found here:*

*Good luck, Voja

sweetdeez wrote:

Reply to
Voja

go to an auto glass shop

Reply to
I'm Right

I've soldered them back on with a soldering iron, but do it in a warm place so the glass is warm, or heat the glass with a hair dryer to prevent thermal shock as the soldering iron will heat up the repair spot. Use only solder for electronic applications (not the plumbing one).

Reply to
ed

there was a thread here not long ago about a guy's back glass shattering after a soldering job. i'm sure you can do it, but be careful about heating the glass too much and too quickly.

Reply to
BSackamano