how to remove the stereo

Hi.

I have a 2006 outback sport, and I want to change the radio out so I can have a tape deck. Does anybody know where I can get instructions on how to remove the system? thanks.

Reply to
coolerxrayman

I usually buy my replacement units from Crutchfield.com. I usually start the process by talking to one of their sales reps who will email the installation instructions for a $5 fee, which is refunded when you place your order. This way I can assess how difficult the installation is and whether it will require me to try to fit my fat butt under the dash to reach some connection, screw or bracket.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

This shows CD changer install for your model, so it shows how to remove and install the audio system. The subwoofer install also shows this for Subaru autos.

List of all accessory install diagrams is located here:

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

I agree on using Crutchfields's instructions. However, Jon, I'm having this strange thought about why you want your *butt* under the dash during installation ;} Mine's usually hanging out the door or up against a seat-back.

Reply to
nobody