How to replace `95 Legacy shifter light.

Hello all,

My mom has a 1995 Legacy L w/automatic transmission. This past weekend the lightbulb that lights the console area of the automatic shifter (the area showing P, R, N, D, 3, 2, 1 beside the shifter itself) died. So now when it's nightime and she goes to shift, the previously lit area beside that shifter is now darkened. She stopped by the dealership just to get their opinion, and the service advisor came out with a WHOPPING $89 price tag to fix it. I know that is BS for sure. I can replace it for her, I just need instructions on how to remove that center console piece. Once I do that I can run by AutoZone and get a bulb and fix it for her.

How do I remove that cover beside the automatic shifter to change that bulb?

Brad

Reply to
Bradley Walker

To remove the molding around the shifter you have to remove the molding around the hand brake lever; to remove it, open the center arm rest/storage and remove the two screws in the front part of the box.

Then you can pry the rear molding and then you can take the molding around the shifter.

If by any chance you need to remove the whole console box, it is secured by two screws inside and at the bottom of the storage box and by another screw close to the shifter molding.

Good luck

Bradley Walker wrote:

Reply to
AS

Thanks!

Now I just need to do that and find the exact replacement bulb.

Bradley

Reply to
Bradley Walker