Idle Air control Solenoid Valve

Dear Subaru fans, Is it possible to repair an idle air control solenoid valve by either pouring a 16 oz. con of GM top engine cleaner through the bypass air hole? OR, can the valve be removed and decarbonized on the bench? My 2.2 Legacy will not pass the new PA emissions test without $500 worth of dealer parts and labor. I got a 1507 code haunting me. Thanks for any info.

Charlie in Pittsburgh

Reply to
Charlie Sachs

I completely disassembled mine, cleaned it with carb-cleaner and a rag and it works fine now.

Mike

Reply to
Mike G