Impreza Bumpers

I live in a big city with parallel parking, and people don't know how to drive or park. All the cars have marks or dents on the bumpers, even in the center. I'm going to get an Impreza wagon, and going to put the add on stripping all over, not just the corners like Sube sells. Hope they protect the taillights. Wondering what is behind the bumpers to reinforce them? I have seen metal supports, that look like they back up the flat surfaces, and I have seen older cars that had foam, if I remember right, on top of the steel support. If there isn't much behind the cover corners, I'd like to fill it with some kind of foam. I have a car with metal bumpers and shocks, and got tired of having to bang them out with a 3' pipe and 5lb hammer, on the back of the bumper, to push them back out, beating for about 10min. I put pieces of 2x3"'s between the bumpers and frame, and they don't get pushed in now. The plastic end caps are bent and torn.

I have a shop manual but I can't find the bumpers.

Vince F

Reply to
houndman