Impreza hates 30 mph

My Impreza hates 30 mph. With foot barely on accel. pedal, on level or downhill, bucks like a bronco. Dealer sez: "Normal for drivetrain." I ask, "anybody else have this problem" and Dealer sez: "Nope." So how can it be normal? anybody else? My first Subaru. TIA.

Reply to
New 2 Soob

Manual or Auto ??

Reply to
Bugalugs

No way normal. Engine management is screwed somewhere. Low octane can cause lumpy running at low revs but not that bad. Could be a plug, cable, injector or bad chip. 'Back to dealer' time with out a doubt.

-C-

Reply to
Clive - Selectron

Sounds like one of my symptoms that occurred after my timing belt and tensioner were changed and a defective new OEM Subaru tensioner led to the brand new belt ending up off by one tooth.

Are you also getting hesitation up around 3000 or 4000 rpm on acceleration?

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Same issue, with my 5spd. between 2500-3000 rpm with light pressure on the accelerator. Down hill in 5th gear at 3000 rpm is very annoying. The dealer told me it a common problem. Subaru just came out with a fix for the Forester. nothing yet for the Impreza

Skibum

Reply to
Skibum