Impreza hates 30 mph

My Impreza wagon (16K miles) hates 30 mph. With foot barely on acc. pedal on level or downhill it bucks like a bronco. Dealer says: "Normal." I asked, "anybody else have this problem for you." Dealer says: "Nope." Normal? Anybody else with this situation?

Reply to
New 2 Soob

Can you repeat this problem with a mechanic in the car? Your problem is not normal and should be corrected under the warantee. Make sure you are using the correct octane gas for your engine. If you are using too low of octane, you could have damaged your spark plugs. It could also be something as simple as a bad spark plug wire. Low RPM and under a load is where your spark plugs need to function the most effediently for the engine to feel smooth. If your dealer cannot or will not fix your car, then take it to another dealership. Also, I would start documentation and send it to the Subaru main office and see if they will stand behind their warantee. Then, how about posting the name of your dealer on this board so we all can find out who to avoid when purchasing a new Subaru.

Reply to
Weaponer