Impreza TS speaker upgrade

I just got an 04 Impreza TS wagon last week and was thinking about adding tweeters. I thought while I had the door panels off I might install the upgraded speakers but wondered if the upgraded speakers were significantly better than the stock speakers.

Anybody know if the change from stock speakers to the Subaru upgraded speakers is worth it?

Thanks,

Reply to
Craig

Tony Hwang

You can get FAR better speakers at any car stereo or electronics store for way less than the Subaru ones. Even some $50/pr Kenwood/Pioneer/Blaupunkt/JBL or whatever will be much better. Get 6.5" ones for the front doors, and be prepared to spend a little time (an hour or so) fabricating some "spacers" out of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood or MDF to adapt the speakers to the slightly smaller holes Subaru uses. Or you can get custom made spacers/adapters made out of plastic if you wish.

Reply to
Alan Peterman

"Craig" wrote in news:dAJKb.3450$214.175574@bgtnsc05- news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Worth is highly subjective. I could have shopped around when I got my '03 TS Wagon but I opted to get the speaker upgrades (tweeters, door speakers and sub) as well as the 6-disc in dash changer. I am quite happy with how it turned out and since it was installed when I purchased the car it's covered under the Subaru warranty.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Got o Subaruparts.com and download the PDF on how to install tweeters. i bought a pair and installed them with this guide. its quite easy. Good luck!

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

I went to subaruparts.com and got the installation instructions to replace the standard speakers in my '03 Baja. Then I went to Crutchfield's to find out what was good and fit my vehicle. Then I bought the speakers on eBay at a really good savings. If you want to save a little frustration, you can buy the speakers from Crutchfield's and they'll include all the mounting hardware you need including wiring adapters.

Reply to
jMon

Thanks a lot. i will look at that next time.

Cheers.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn