Impreza water pump gasket - sealant required?

Sorry about the million questions, but do both the water pump gasket and thermostat gasket require any sealant like permatex? Or does one both slip them in? The manual doesn't state it and was wondering if that was by mistake. Or does it rely on just proper bolt torque?

Remco

Reply to
Remco

X--Eliminator

Thanks for the clarification. That's exactly what I'll use then.

Reply to
Remco

Josh Assing