Imprezza 2002

Hi, I purchased a used one with 32,000+ miles in March - automatic trans. I had owned my Saab 900 for 15 years - too expensive to continue with). I find the transmission to be less than smooth - annoying. The body seems so much more cheaply put together than the old Saab. Is this because of the model or is it true for all Subaru's? Greta

Reply to
Greta

Greta -

I noticed the same thing when I sold my 96 328i BMW and purchased a new

2006 L.L.Bean Edition OBW for me wife. I figured, what the heck, the BMW window sticker was $10,000 more, in 1996, than the Subaru was in 2006, so I figured it was a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

However, I note that the Saab equivalent of the Subaru OBW is roughly the same price so I am surprised to see that you find the Subaru to seem cheesy (my word, not yours) when compared to the Subaru.

While my wife LOVES her OBW, I do agree with you that the overall build quality is markedly inferior to European cars.

Even little things are insantly noticeable. E.g., the carpeting in the OBW is really crappy when compared to the BMW and the layout and lighting of the dash dials and meters are very difficult to read. What Japanese genius came up with gray on black for a color scheme? Stupid and dangerous. I find I have to look over or under my sunglasses just to check my speed. Ditto for the LEDs on he radio: very tough to read with sunglasses, but easy to read with sunglasses in the old BMW.

This sucker better at least give me a lot of trouble-free years of use.

Gunni

Greta wrote:

Reply to
Gunny

I Outback Sport (Impreza) the instrument panel is exceptionally well made and easy to read in all conditions. The cluster does not move up and down as on G35 but the cluster movement with the steering wheel is the only thing good about it. It's in orange. My wife hated it. I never had a Saab, but I with the ignition on Impreza was between the seats, so that I won't have the stupind jingling keys problem.

Reply to
Body Roll