Info Wanted: 2005 L.L.Bean Outback

I lost my wonderful 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback, Limited Edition, 30th Anniversary Model to Hurricane Eric while vacationing on Ocracoke. Only 40,300 miles and going strong. Loved that car. So, I'm going to visit area dealers next week to check out the new L.L.Bean model, and I will appreciate any and all advice.

I like the idea of the 6-cylinder engine, since I always felt the

4-cylinder engine on my 1999 was a bit underpowered.

Are there any 2005 L.L.Bean owners out there who wish to give me an opinion?

The suggested retail price according to the Edmunds System is $32,195, with an invoice of $29,558. Edmunds says that "others are paying" and average of $30,768 for the L.L.Bean in my area (northwest Philadelphia suburbs). Any suggestions on what I might offer?

Either way, even though I can afford it, it's a lot of money. So, I was wondering if I should lower my sights a bit -- although I gather that the L.L.Bean is the only model with a 6-cylinder engine.

Thanks in advance for any advice you wish to offer.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Try the turbocharged 4 in the Outback...250 horsepower...

The 6 cylinder is also rated at 250 hp....

Mort

Reply to
Mort Shuman

I just got a '05 LL Bean Wagon. Traded in a C230 Compressor with

106k. So far I am quite pleased with the ride and performance and road feel, although it is tough moving from the Benz. I don't regret the move and probably even more so come this winter.

I had it up to 80 on the NE Extension without pushing it at all last evening (well we know what a race track that is on a Friday evening). It hasn't been really pushed (break in period), but the engine feels quite strong and is very responsive.

And I am also quite pleased with the treatment at A&T Subaru in Sellersville. Even though I bought this on a Corporate program, the treatment was every bit as good as the Mercedes dealer.

Test drove a number of vehicles, Magnum, Highlander etc. and the Subaru twice; second for a long drive to ensure my first impression was a good one.

I can hardly wait to finish the break in and see how it tows my sailplane compared to my '05 Chrysler T&C.

Chip Fitzpatrick Souderton PA

Reply to
Chip Fitzpatrick