injector cleaner

I have an 02 outback wagon 2.5 L with about 50K miles - I have found the fuel mileage has been dropping noticeably...I suspect dirty fuel injectors may be the culprit.

I asked the dealer about using an injector cleaner and he recommended against it... has anyone used an injector cleaner and has it helped the peformance?

Thanx in advance, P Ligi

Reply to
Paris Ligi

Odd since local dealer uses BG 44K at 30,000 mile intervals and it is an engine/injector cleaner. Have you changed plugs and air filter?

Reply to
brusbrother

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Hi, modern injector cleaners are very effective at removing gum and allowing more efficient atomising at the injector hence can help restore economy. The top brands are also 'cat' friendly and will not wreck your 'cat' (see the label before buying). A GM technician told me that he swears by the use of the WYNNS brand. I made a point of remembering as it was nearly as cool as my own name. Anyway, you have nothing to loose, a 60L treatment bottle costs arround £8 or $15 so go for it and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Wyn.

Reply to
Wyn Roberts