Installing Oil Pressure gauge

Hi All I want to install a oil pressure gauge in a 91 Legacy Turbo but I have no idea of where is a good place to put the sender unit. Has anyone done this? can you give me some pointers please. Regards Mike

Reply to
MIKE

My reply is based on the presumption that my 96 2.2L is similar to yours. Look below and a little behind the alternator. You should find there the electrical sender for the idiot light monitoring the oil pressure. On my car I installed a T connexion there with the original sender on one end and the mechanical one on the other. I used copper tubing but you can have stainless steel braided telflon tubing with some good quality mech oil gauge. Do not use simple nylon tubing. They easily crack...and that would be close to catastrophic. Just to be sure you're at the right place, disconnect the sender and start your car. The oil pressure idiot light should then stay on. Hope that helps. Gilles (Montreal)

Reply to
Gilles Gour

Another option would be to use a oil filter sandwidch adapter. This'll also let you easily add an oil temp gauge.

The best option IMO (available on EJ20, presumably on EJ22 also?) is to replace the oil gallery plug on back side of engine under the intercooler with an adapter for the oil pressure sender unit(or hose for mechanical unit). Subaru part # 11024AA210 works nicely. This way you don't have to use a T-adapter below the alternator nor push the oil filter closer to the ground... See

for a writeup.

Brent.

Reply to
brentlz