Interior WRX quality

Hello,

I'm looking at getting an '04 WRX wagon. Can anyone tell me how the inside materials stand up after time (ie. scratching, scuffing)? Also, is there really a problem with Subaru and "thin" paint?

TIA, John

Reply to
John

I have had an '03 WRX wagon for 11 months and 19k+ miles. So far the interior is like new except the black fabric on the sides of the seats look a little faded but I think that is just because it tends to pick up dust easily (and I get dirty at work). I'm sure it will clean up well. The '04's have different seats so that may not be an issue. My car is silver which tends to hide blemishes. I have 5 or 6 very small chips on the front edge of my hood. They are not noticeable without a careful inspection but I wonder how many will be there in four more years when I finally own it myself. I've seen blue and black WRX's that really show chips. The sheet metal is very thin. I have a slight dent in my front right fender from leaning on it. Overall I would say it is average regarding material durability.

Alex

Reply to
AM

I've got an '02 WRX wagon. The interior has never been a problem, beyond what I've self-inflicted. The paint, OTOH, is a disaster. I live in Vermont, and the salt chunks coming up off the road combined with standard non-winter road debris have left the front of my WRX looking like it went through a sandstorm. There's no way I could keep up with the dings using touch-up paint. Luckily, the hood is made of looneymum, so it won't rust. The fenders haven't started rusting yet, but??

I will admit that I consider the internals of a car far more important than the exterior looks. Hell, for the way it drives, I wouldn't care if all it had was a shot coat of flat primer. YMMV.

Reply to
Ned Pike

Amen!

Alex

Reply to
AM

I also have an '02 WRX wagon. I have had no problems with the paint - but do get dings easily.

The interior is holding up fine - especially since I really abuse it - mountain bikes, firewood, jam packed "trunk", etc.

Enjoy the car !

jcsjcs

Reply to
jcs

Ha! And I thought I was the only person carrying firewood, and mtb's in my WRX wagon. I haven't had any significant problems in the interior of my 02 WRX wagon. I did break off one of the plastic retainers in the cargo area. Definitely get the rubber floor mats and cargo mat if you're worried about the interior. But if you have a dog, it's a mute point. It's amazing how dog hair will actually weave itself into the seats. And vacuuming doesn't get all of it out.

Reply to
tom

malamute? pointer?

tom wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

moot = Open to debate (ADJ) mute = Lacking power of speech (ADJ)

I'm just being a d*****ad :)

Reply to
Jiz

It would take me some time to find the right definition of a moot point, but it isn't "Open to debate"

It's more like "something that's irrelevant."

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Mason

It's both actually. From Merriam-Webster Online:

Main Entry: moot Function: adjective Date: circa 1587

1 a : open to question : DEBATABLE b : subjected to discussion : DISPUTED 2 : deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

And you can't really blame Tom. The schools stopped teaching English years ago, few people read any more, and TV talking heads who should know better transpose mute and moot with depressing regularity. (Cache and cachet, too.)

Reply to
apcs

I can tell you were not in the debating club in high school :-)

A moot point is very much open to debate, however that the conclusion of the debate, which ever way it goes, is irrelevant. e.g. Whether a red or yellow fire engine is easier to see is a moot point to a blind man.

Even I know that and in high school I was not a master debater [*ahem*] either1

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens