Intermittant Door Key 2003 Forrester

I can't operate the door locks with the remote if the outside temperature is below 22 deg C but OK if a warm to hot day say above 26 deg C. I have checked the battery in the 2 keys we have but they are OK. The receiver seems to be temperature sensitive. Has any body any suggestions?

Roger

Reply to
R A & F Bird

Batteries are temperature sensitive.

If you've "checked" them but haven't replaced them, I'd replace them and see if the problem magically disappears.

Reply to
Todd H.

Did you mean to say more? Curious if new batteries fixed ya up.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Hi Todd,

Sorry to but still no good with new batteries. It appears to be a fault in the car. The central locking works OK at all times if I press the lock/un-lock button on the armrest

Reply to
R A & F Bird

Well poo.

These sorts of problems are a bitch to track down.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Unless you keep your FOB outside, I doubt the battery temperature is an issue. Anyway, the transmitter has a light on it to let you know its transmitting. If batt is low the simpliest thing to do is move the transmitter really close to the receiver as a test.

I personally have problems with my locks. Sometimes it wont lock. Sometimes it wont unlock. This is daily. I think its the Japanest locking system. They have lock status switches. If the door is locked, it may refuse to lock. If the door is unlocked, it may refuse to unlock. Some Japanese cars do this but I am not sure if its the Subaru.

But if it is, then the lock sensor switch is probably going bad. Next time this happens push unlock several times, then quickly unlock/lock it with the key, and push unlock again. If it unlocks, then probably this car does have a lock sensor switch which is going bad.

CL

Reply to
dnoyeB