Invisilbe Bra Revisited (MPS)

Last fall there was a thread about the invisible bra, it is a clear plastic that you put on your car and is not noticeible more than a few feet away. I think it is made by 3M.

Anyway, i was looking for some input from anyone that has one. Now that you've had it awhile, how is it holding up? How is it with wiping bugs off?

Any other input would be appreciated.

mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

Michael Smith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A co-worker has this on his Jetta. It appears to be holding up fairly well. You can't really notice it until you are within about 6 feet of the car.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Reply to
null

Thanks for the replies. If you could, FuzzyLogic, Ask your co-worker how they are with bug removal. I travel up to michigan alot, to mountain bike, and the front of my car is alway coated with bugs afterwards. Just wondering if bug removal was any easier with this on?

I know it will protect the paint from flying debris, but i was also conserned about bugs.

Yeah, Null, that is what i liked most about it. it protected the paint and didn't act like sandpaper, as most bras do.

Thanks.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

You do know that our state bird is the mosquito up here, right?

- Greg Reed

Reply to
Ignignokt

Michael Smith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Here in Alberta we get a LOT of bugs in the summer. It appears to have faired well. He says that bugs haven't caused any problems. He recently got hit with a fairly large rock that appears to have torn the film but the paint is fine. It's been on the car for 5 years now.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Reply to
Mark Bergman

If someone could come up with an invisble bra for the windshield, they'd make millions.

Reply to
Alan

Hi, Protect the paint? I don't think so. It keeps chips/small dents away but paint is not protected as far as I am concerned. Bra is not for me. I use deflector.(if wagon, front and rear) Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"Mark Bergman" wrote in news:i0jvc.4598$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

It's unnoticable until you are about 6 feet from the car at which point you can see a fine line where the film ends.

More info here:

Fuzzy Logic