Is there any reason for not buying a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

Hello!

I'm joining your group because I'm actually looking at a new Subaru Legacy GT. Have you any comment or any recommandation that can help me doing a better choice?

In the negociation process what can be obtain form the vendor?

Thanks

Bobrun

Reply to
Bobrun

You may enjoy looking around at

Also, I believe Subaru has a 3% holdback for the dealer. So even at 'invoice' they will be making plenty on the sale.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

go to edmunds.com and pay no mre than $250 over invoice. The new subarus are vastly inferior to the 2004 models. I'd buy something else.

Reply to
bigjim

In the current issue of one of the car mags there is a test. The Legacy GT vs. BMW, Audi, Acura, Mazda and I think one other. The Subaru came in 2nd to the Audi by about 1 point out of about 400 possible. The GT beat the Audi in every performance category and many of the subjective ones too. It lost on refinement and feel-- but by only one point. It beat the others in the test by 20 plus points or more. The article ended with if price were a consideration-- than the Subaru was the clear winner. One of the asides at the end was the subjective votes were split by age-- the old folks picked the Audi and the younger ones preferred the Subaru. Only problem, 4 testers were old, and 3 were young.

Steve

Reply to
SuperPoo

What do you base that load of crap on? There are no fundamental differences between '04, '05 and '06 models. The only things that have changed are cosmetics and some refinements.

Reply to
SuperPoo

Do you have 5 kids?

If it meets your needs, it's a great car.

I needed a truck, so I sold my Subie. I miss the driveability of the Subie daily.

Reply to
Bonehenge

The ergonomics in the 05+ are awful- door pulls block window switches, seats dont go back as far, awful integrated radio. I see Subaru as taking 3 steps back. They are trying to go upscale but none will accept them as an upscale marque. Dont even get me started on the Terleta!!! For the money they want I can think of many other vehicles to purchase!!!! I was hoping to be a subaru owner for life but until they get back to what they are good at I'll spend elsewhere

Reply to
bigjim

Audi quality is piss poor as is mazda. The bmw and acura would be my choice as would the AWD lexus

Reply to
bigjim

Hell they have bee moving upscale for 30 years. I wish they would get back to building stuff like the '70s & early '80s. They were simple, sturdy, you didn't mind getting them dirty and they bucked the norm. I loved the center light on my 82 GL wagon. But to get upset over door pulls and window switches? You just sound angry, maybe you need some pills or something to keep you busy.

I think the Tribeca is a big mistake for Subaru-- but who am I. I succumbed to the trend and bought an '02 WRX wagon and love it.(Nothing simple there) I would not trade it for anything, except maybe a STi wagon (are you listening Subaru)

Reply to
SuperPoo

Had one for almost a year, 5sp auto. The funnest car I've ever had. My wife hates that I like it so much.

Reply to
Bob H

It's the overall ergonomics. No other car I've driven is as comfortable as my 04 OBW. The "feel" of the newer version is way off. The styling is now typical Jap "me-too" non threatening nip car. Where are the signature big foglights? The raised roof? The only change they should have made is to make a larger 7 passenger Outback with the same styling cues. Ford nailed it with the freestyle sizewise but of course it's hit or miss American qualty and the CVT is sheer stupidity.

Reply to
bigjim

Even if ergonomics were worse on the 2005 as compared to 2004, that's not quite enough to call it vastly inferior. I have a first gen legacy outback. The second gen was better, but still had an awkward interior design. IMHO, the 05 third gen is vastly superior to all that preceded it from an ergonomic standpoint.

Reply to
lkreh

The only reason I can think of not to buy a 06 Legacy GT is the need for premium fuel. And by the way welcome to the group. There is one hopeless user that regularily posts totally off the wall garbage here...namely, bigjim@backpacker. I don't know exactly what this guys problem is but rest assured, he has a problem.There are many other users however who generally give sound responses to any queries you have.

Reply to
Grolch

it from an ergonomic standpoint.

Reply to
bigjim

I traded in my '04 WRX wagon for a '05 Legacy GT Limited Wagon w/ 5spd manual. I love this car. My car has a huge sunroof that goes way back to the rear seats. The car is smooth, quiet and very refined. My wife love to ride in my car and it's heated seats. It has less lag and much more low then my WRX. You can get alot my info at legacygt.com. I'm member "itsme" and you can check out my car. They are very helpful, we set up meets all over the country. They have install meets where everyone meet up at a members house and install parts. It a great car and a great site and it's free. Good luck and you will love the car. I got my '05 on Dec 14 for $25,000.

Reply to
Bryan J. Lee

Definitely shoot for a price below invoice...most dealers will offer you a price below invoice in an online quote (at least here in SoCal). I bought a

2006 Legacy Outback this year and like the performance and safety of the car, but hate the interior trim materials (it rattles and squeaks) and the gas mileage is awful (around 17mpg combined).

I would buy a Subaru again, only if they improve on quality and move towards competing against Lexus and Acura.

Reply to
John C

Reply to
Bryan J. Lee