jerking and hesitation at low acceleration - Page 2

Page 2 of 2

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Well, here's the final report on the repairs. I got into more detail with the service manager at the dealership. I told him that I recall that the throttle position sensor had been replaced once before not too many years ago (about 2-4 years ago maybe), and he confirmed that. But he went into more detail about the problem, and said that this time it wasn't simply a throttle position sensor, but the whole throttle was sticking. The reason the throttle started working normally again the week after the initial investigation was because they said they had lubricated the throttle a bit during the inspection and it may have started working normally again as a result of that, but they didn't expect it to last. So it wasn't just a throttle position sensor, it was the throttle itself, according to them. I got a new throttle position sensor once again, as a result of the fact that the whole unit comes with a new sensor on it.

It's been a long hard winter this past year, and car had stayed outside, so I get the feeling a lot of stuff has gotten stuck and creaky as a result.

    Yousuf Khan

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.