just a crazy idea

or maybe not. has anyone tried bolting on an aftermarket supercharger in a WRX in addition to its turbo? the idea is to achieve a similar setup in the Lancia Delta Intergrale. The turbo will be a big one, perhaps capable of

500bhp, and therefore present an awful load of lag. The addition of a supercharger is to merely ease off the lag until boost has been achieved in the turbo, which by then the supercharger can be by-passed, if that is even possible, and let the big turbo do all the pulling.

Sure, there are "parasitic losses" when a supercharger is used. However, the setup I mention will only provide sufficient boost to bring the big turbo to positive boost pressure.once this has been achieved, the supercharger will be "deactiavted" and allow the turbocharger to do all the induction.

Let me know if you guys have actually done this before, or came across a similar project.

Reply to
ravenhil

Yes its been done already, have a look here;

600bhp :)
Plus Net

It has been done.

Michael