Kenwood Navigation DVD v 1.1

I have an European 2004 H6 Legacy with a Kenwood Navigation system (built-in). It came with DVD v 1.1 2003-2004 (86283AG011). A subaru dealer told me about a newer version and also that it cost close to =80

400.-.

Does anyone know more about this newer version? I wonder if it is worth that heavy price?

Thanks

Z=2E

Reply to
Zelidar

I know that DVD navigation is not yet available on Legacy's and Outback's in America but... am I the only European out here?

Talking about the rest of the world (a little of topic :-) did you know that Switzerland is also called Subaruland? I was told we have the highest Subarus/resident ratio worldwide. I guess the combination of purchasing power, mountainous surrounding and snowy winters are the main causes.

Zaid

Reply to
Zelidar

Am Mon, 02 May 2005 08:20:36 -0700 schrieb Zelidar:

No, you're not - soothing, isn't it?

I would appreciate, if someone can answer your question about a new navigation DVD; I never asked 'cause most areas I went through were unchanged since 2003 (in Germany), aside from some newly-built bypass roads that look like being off-road on the display :-) Fantastic, that navigation never falters in those cases.

I really like TMC. Having had chosen a route I saw TMC in full action a couple of weeks ago in Hamburg, where it proposed an alternate route and said how many more kilometers that would cost. I accepted and saw the traffic jam from above (a bridge) and was directed some minutes later to the next autobahn, great!

Just having an overview of heavy traffic in a city without a route programmed is nice, too.

Anselm

Reply to
Anselm Gerhardt

Yes :-), thanks for the reply. Nobody else around me has bougth that same car. Out here and I guess in Germany even more, most go for Audi Avant A4 or A6.

About that new DVD, what I am going to try and post the result in here to make a copy of the one I currently have. A piece of plastic valued over =80450 definitely can use an offline backup. I will post the result in here.

What I am most interested in are the POIs, such as parkings and hotels. Those keep changing, obviously much more often that roads.

The Subaru dealer I talked to told me that TMC is not useful at all in Switzerland. Glad to hear this system works for you. As the traffic is not so bad over here and as my driving takes place mostly on weekends, I get through :-)

Reply to
Zelidar

Am Tue, 03 May 2005 02:04:13 -0700 schrieb Zelidar:

I looked for Audi A4 (Sportback) first - no, Volvo V50 was the first model I was interested in - but never looking for all-wheel-drive. The Volvo was visibly lacking in qualitiy of the interior and Audi was too much for my budget with my wishlist full of extras that were already all integrated into the Subaru Legacy model I finally bought in Autumn. Seen only three other Legacy wagons on the road since... seems there is the best chance driving in the hills (Harz) :) Let's hear for the Swiss and German Subaru owners!

Isn't it double layered (never looked myself)?

... and gas stations!

Reply to
Anselm Gerhardt

It is double layered. Not having a double layered DVD-R at hand I made an image on the hard disk and it takes 6.72 GB.

Reply to
Zelidar