Keyless entry flashing dash lights!

Hello, I replaced a failing alternator, and upon reconnecting the battery, the keyless entry started flashing my marker lights and dash lights. It did this 30 times and then paused for about 10 seconds. Then it started again. Is it trying to program itself?? I finally unplugged the keyless entry module! Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

- Dan

Reply to
Subaru Group

Makes sense that if the alternator was replaced, then the power was off for all components no?

In that case, you probably have to go through the sequence to get your car to recognize the key pattern on your keyless entry unit. The pattern is held in memory of the car, but is hard coded in the unit. You gotta tell your car which key unit is yours.

Consult your manual for the sequence, I think its "open door" "switch ignition on and off 15 times in less than 40 seconds" then "press keyless entry unit button". Or something like that.

Reply to
FUD_wad