keyless entry weirdness

My friends keyless entry in her Subaru Legacy seems to be broken. When I click the remote, it unlocks all doors, and immediately locks them back again. The buttons inside the car don't seem to work at all. Does this mean there is a short circuit somewhere, or am I missing something very simple?

Reply to
Larry Sue

Start with fixing buttons inside, and I suspect the keyless remote problem may resolve. A shorted wire may well be the culprit.

The circuits aren't high tech by any stretch, but they can be a pain in the ass to isolate. A wiring diagram from the service manual will be nearly essential to your friend's quest.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

My Forester came with two remotes. If so try the other one.

Reply to
Edward Hayes