Keyless Remote problem '02 VDC

The last week or so, a problem started in my keyless remote for my '02 VDC wagon. My wife's remote works perfectly but mine sometimes works and sometimes I have to press the button anywhere from 4 to 20 times! If I remove the battery, when I put it in, I have to press the button exactly 6 times (which is what is to be expected) and the remote works for a day or so. I tried a new battery and the same thing happens.

Is it the remote? or maybe re-registering the remotes might help? Anyone experienced this problem?

Reply to
The Big Cheese

I've not had a similar problem with my 20 month old '02 VDC Sedan. I am noticing that my range is decreasing which I assume is due to the battery. John

Reply to
John M.

FWIW I have the same problem with my '97 Outback. I bought new batteries, with no improvement. I bought a new transmitter (twice) still no improvement.

I have just begun locking the car with the switch, that way if the keyless doesn't work I at least don't have to turn off the alarm manually when it starts blaring.

Simpson

Reply to
N Simpson