Keyless transmitter replacement

Hello all,

Since having purchased my 2001 Ltd Outback, I need to give my mom access to using it as needed sometimes. She really does prefer having a keyless entry for herself. I read in the book on how to program a keyless device so that isn't a problem. My question is, where can I purchase a Subaru Keyless entry device? Or will any no-name brand one work from like AutoZone?

Brad

Reply to
Bradley Walker

save money for rainy days...we NEVER lock our subie, and during summer months, when it's not raining we even leave couple of windows down, so potential thief won't break them trying to steal stereo ( good luck) or some change; but we usually take our keys with us because majority of stores we go to use shopping cards, we attach to keychain :) cheers

Reply to
daszkiew2000

Well, your subaru dealer is one place (albeit probably the most expensive one).

*Any* will not work; only the correct one.

Find FCC ID on the back of the remote, and search eBay, which will probably be your cheapest option.

Cheers,

Reply to
Paul Pluzhnikov

< $40 for a spare remote at