Knock Sensor 2002 Outback... Safe to drive?

My sisters knock sensor just thru a code for the knock sensor. Is it safe for her to drive for a week till I can get to fixing it?

Reply to
scowsert

Edward Hayes

I agree, though, if I needed to buy fuel in that week I'd go up one octane rating I think - again, just to be safe.

Carl

Edward Hayes wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Read this and decide for yourself...

Ross Lyall

The faulty knock sensor code is accompianied by retarded ignition timing, the exact amount which is based on the intake air temperature.

So you might have a molasses-like throttle response, and reduced fuel economy, but it WON'T knock.

You'll be fine. -Danny

Reply to
Danny Russell