Kumho tyres any good?

I am looking at Kumho KH16 tyres for the MY05 Forester ... on road driving only ... are these tyres worth $135 AUD per tyre?

Thanks!

Reply to
coaster

I am happy with mine on my Outback, but I paid $50 per tire mounted. At 1.2 AUD per USD, that's half your quote. It depends however on the size and service category. The range on tirerack.com is $44-$77.

Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

I'm impressed enough with theKumho ECSTA ASXs on my WRX that I might get them again. The Kumho Solus on the Outback? - meh

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Yep, a *brilliant* tyre, especially considering the price.

Reply to
Jeßus

Can only comment on the Ecsta which I got recently fitted to new 19s on the barge. Quite a good tyre for the price in both wet and dry conditions. Despite being lower profile they are actually quieter and ride better than the Fullruns and Nankang NS2s I had on the old 18s. If the KH are of similar quality then I'd say definitely worth the dollars.

Cheers LT.

Reply to
MonoJoker

Have had two sets of Ecstas and both last well and were damn good all rounders. Neither car was a race spec nor driven so but for carting my children about they were fine and when they wernt in the car they worked even better ;o)

Reply to
Scotty

Uncle Ben Sep 8, 2007 at 03:14 AM

Fair enough, but unless Coaster can get self and the car to the US and back for under $200 US it's still cheaper to go with the local price :)

-- Message posted using

information at

hippo

Kumho ECSTA ASX suck when compared with Dunlop Sport A2 (IIRC the difference in price is not that big). I have ASX on Impreza 2.5 TS as opposed to A2 (mounted on my Outback) are very squeaky on the corners. I feel more confidence driving bigger car at the same speed.

Reply to
alf