LCD panel on radio/cassette/CD -- no night light

In our 2001 Forester, the night illumination in the LCD panel of the radio/cassette/CD player has failed, though the unit otherwise works fine. It is most definitely dark. When the headlights are on, it doesn't respond to the control that varies the brightness of all the other dashboard lights.

Please tell me it's just the 'ol Backlighting Bulb that I can get at any Pep Boys... pop out the panel with a screwdriver, and...

-- Charles Packer

Charles Packer