Legacy 95 wagon wheel noise

Have a loud whirring noise coming from both front and rear wheels, seems to be to bearing noise but don't totally trust the local dealers opinion. Car has 200,000 kmh on the clock, is it an expensive repair to replace wheel bearings, could it be the diff or drive making this noise?

Appreciate any replys.

David

Reply to
Bailes

My 95 Legacy Wagon had tons of road noise, too. That the main problem here is the pitiful insulation or lack thereof. In my particular case, a new set of tires (quite inexpensive Hankook high-rubber all- season) reduced road noise a great deal and eliminated substantial pull to one side.

A wheel bearing going bad would become louder and more alarming at a relatively fast rate and the noise is more of a grinding nature.

I would check the tires first.

florian

Reply to
FFF

I have a 95 Legacy wagon with manual transmission.

That load whirring noise sounds like the ABS system is on. Do you have ABS on your Legacy?

Reply to
Agent 00-Soul