Legacy GT Performance Upgrades

I own a 2000 Legacy GT 5 spd. wagon and am interested in the following performance upgrades from

Borla Header 2.5 liter Xcceleration Stainless Steel Super Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter Brospeed Stainless Steel Performance Muffler UNORTHODOX Ultra Street Pulley GPMoto Intake for 2.5 NAs Pod Intake Xcceleration Short Throw Shift Kit

I'm also looking for advice as this car is a daily driver that I put about 65 miles/day on traveling to and from work. Specifically, I'm concerned with reducing the reliability/longevity of the car as well as making it so loud that the noise becomes an annoyance. Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of a well running machine but I don't want to wake the neighbors when I leave in the morning or not be able to hold a conversation while driving.

I probably can't afford all the mods so I'm looking for bang for the buck. What's going to do the most for me?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Also, i'm not married to that site. If something else out there will do a better job, i'd certainly be interested. Thanks very much, Jason

Reply to
Jason Jouet

Do any of these tuners post before-and-after results from dyno. runs? I've never seen any. The exhaust upgrades you mentioned are going to be extremely expensive, no? I'd like proof that they're going to increase power substantially.

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

If you just want to haul ass occasionally, you can't beat nitrous for the most hp per dollar.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

And your mechanic will love your for it, too ;-)

Steve

Reply to
CompUser

Well there's that too...

He didn't say "long term"

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I would stay away from the unorthadox pulley and get a lightweight pulley that is NOT underdriven. TG

Reply to
TG

Does any period over four or five combustion cycles constitute "long term" in your book?

LOL

Florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/