Legacy GT revs high

I got myself a 2006 Legacy GT about a month ago. I'm starting to notice that the car is losing it's "punch" during acceleration. I used to get good acceleration at 3000rpm but now I don't feel it until 5000rpm.

Is this normal or is something wrong with the computer?

Reply to
Peter

Does your 2006 LGT has LameDuck - Sport - SportSharp knobbie or that is just scheduled for

2007 models?
Reply to
Body Roll

Are you in an auto or manual??

If it is the auto then the thing is you never know what gear you are pulling in, if it is a manual and you are getting same revs in the same gear and it feels weaker it could be just that you are getting used to the power that the LGT provides. A couple things...

Reset your ECU, this will make it relearn your driving habits. All you have to do is go into the fusebox under the hood and pull the ECU fuse wait for about 30 seconds and re insert, read the fuse diagram to figure it out, its on the lid. It should make the car a little livelier for a bit anyways.

Ever think about investing in the Accessport? I personally don't have one but from what others have said, this is a great device to make the car more drivable even in just stage one mode. Look up Cobb tuning in Google and check them out.

Finally, always check out

best legacy site on the web!!!

Reply to
MD

Are you saving money running a lower grade of fuel than recommended? Can you go to the dealership and drive one on the lot and feel the difference?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

auto

It feels as though the computer is putting me into a higher gear too soon.

I will have to try this and see how it goes.

What does it mean by stage one or two etc?

Hey, this is a great site! Thanks!

Reply to
PQN

No, using the expensive 92 octane stuff.

I've driven about 5 GTs at dealers recently and they all had a lot of power. Even my car had the same power as the others in the beginning. Don't know why it's lost it.

Reply to
PQN