Legacy Premium Wagon or Outback Base Wagon?

I know there's a few thousand difference in price. But I'm not interested in off-roading, just a good AWD wagon. Id the extra money worth it?

Thanks!!!

Norm

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
Father Guido

Styling preferences should guide you.

The Legacy will handle better (and is probably a better value/less expensive?), but I think the Outback just looks a lot cooler to me. Makes me forget I'm actually driving a station wagon.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Thanks for your opinion.

Norm

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
Father Guido

Reply to
Brian Wasson

I too am shopping for a new wagon. I've compared the lot. For my money the L-Premium is the best deal. Who needs the plastic glue-on bits for show. Ground clearance?... Unless your doing off-roading the L-Premium has plenty. The biggest reason I would not buy the Outback is I think the whole "image" of the vehicle has run it's course. It's dated. Hence the slumping sales in the past few years. Subaru is planning a re-style shortly. Bet the Outback is drastically changed. Some whole new "clever" marketing. Buy the pure car, don't fall for the image.

JMHO...Harry

Reply to
Harry Wilke

I have bought the new spec Outback that you guys in the US don't get yet. I got the standard spec H6 version. This is a quantum leap forward for Subaru and hance the reason that the Liberty/Legacy H6 received the Japanese car of the year. I did not buy the Outback for the pose reason or offroad ability. I bought the Outback as it has self levelling rear suspension, which is great even if you only have a couple of people on board and some luggage, and also for the H6 motor which is absolutely superb. The Liberty/Legacy will not be available in the H6 in Oz for a while and even then it doesn't have the self levelling suspension. The fact that the Outback has offroad ability is a bonus as it's hard to jump a gutter or whatever in a Liberty/Legacy. I can go around corners as fast in my Outback as 99.9% of most people would even try in their Legacy. Not many would rip around corners that fast anyway. I have pushed it hard around some corners and round abouts and I get it to 4 wheel drift nicely and controllably (due to the awd). It really is good in that regard. I'm sure a Legacy wouldn't do it any better. Slumping sales of the Outback are more due to the fact that a new model is coming and people are holding off on a new purchase. If I was in the market for a new Subaru Legacy or Outback I would wait until the new model. It's a ripper!

Reply to
Lance B