Legacy Sedan 03 Sunroof Howling Noise.

My 03 Subaru Legacy Sedan is making a whistling noise with the sunroof closed. It almost sounds like the old tea pot whistling once the water boils. At worst, its present at 30mph, and sometimes higher speeds or no noise at all. It comes from the front passenger corner, and on a recent trip (5k miles) we put some scotch tape over that corner of the sunroof to keep it quiet. Repeated attempts of opening and closing it don't make it get any worse or better. The dealer could not duplicate and told me the owners manual says to drive with sunroof shade closed when the sunroof is closed. They couldn't show me where it states that in the owners manual. I understand road noise could come through the sunroof and will allow a reasonable amount of it, but this can clearly be heard over the stereo. I assume I couldn't have the only sedan made with this problem and would love to hear of anyone actually getting it fixed.

Ed.

Reply to
Ed White