Legacy transfer case...twice in 7 years!

Well, this really sucks big time.

My transfer case (Legacy Brighton 1998) crapped out in 2002, so I was fortunate enough to be able to get it replaced under warrantee. So here we are 3 years later, and it's happened again. Same symptoms (ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga-ga from the rear wheels when you turn sharply at any speed, rolling backwards down even slight grades, etc), same diagnosis. Between $1500 and $1800 for the cure. I emailed Subaru Canada to ask politely if they thought that perhaps 2 failures of this nature was perhaps a bit excessive over the course of 7 years, and they politely replied with a form letter sayng my car was outside the warranty period. Duh, thanks. I wonder if anyone else has had this sort of problem with theirs....

Reply to
bob