Legacy turbo 1994

I just buy this car and it?s as start acting strange recently. this is my first car so i don?t realy know how mecanic work at this time.

1 day ago i had trouble starting the engine turn the key on nothing happen not even a single sound. i have check battery and the battery was fine.

i am thinking it?s may be the starter. it?s happen few day before and i just remove the key from ignition and wait retry and car run but last night it toke me like 1 hours before i could start the engine.

it was on a rainy day?s for 3 day consicutive and i have also notice that i have water accumulation beside the headlight on the frame depending where i have park myself. today i just got another rainy day i start the engine and its start right away but it as like a white vapor near the exaust and in front of the left side radiator i let the engine idle for 20 min and its as go off.

also i have observe that more i stay in idle more the rpm get lower near 600 rpm and start around 1200 rpm its was realy stable when i buy the vehicule now the needle keep going up and down a little dont know id this normal or not.

so maybe you guy know a lot more then i and hopefully you guy can help me sort this out

sensor, coils, water intanke, gasket, camshaft, ecu, bad crank position sensor, what could cause those kind of trouble???

thx in advance and btw sorry for my bad english i am mostly french canadian see ya

yazmo

Reply to
yazmo

Need to join this forum.

John

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY

The issue with hard starting in that age car, is likely high voltage related. Bad spark-plug wires and possibly cracked coil housings.

As an experiment, at night, use a spray mister under the hood. Sometimes you can pinpoint the area that is bad by making an idling car miss/stumble by spraying water around the plug wires. Occasionally, you can SEE sparks/arcing at night!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

mine wouldnt start a coupla times so i opend the bonnet up and then it started. think maybe battery was shorting out on the bonnet

Reply to
hugostrachan

If the battery was shorting to the hood/bonnet, you'd have a dead battery and burn marks in the paint. This one is beyond improbable.

Reply to
nobody >