Legacy wagon question.

I have the chance of a 1993 Legacy estate 2.0L (83Kmiles) for £750. Not knowing much about these cars other than their reputation is this a good price? What should I be looking for as far as problems.

thanks for any and all help.

Dave E.

Reply to
David E. Edwards

The only caveats I can think of would be door locks gltches, CV Joints, Check for Timing Belt replacement and be aware that it will use slightly more fuel than conventional 4 cylinder engines. Otherwise it sounds like a fair, if not good price.

Reply to
Grolch

Sounds good to me. Our '94 is nearly as good as new at 170,000 miles (not kilometers).

Phil Chimacum, WA USA

Reply to
Phil Andrus

Sounds good to me, I've had mine for awhile now at 230,000kms Still going fine started this year to show a little rust but still running well. Not as powerful as before 100,000km, but still ok.

Harley Toronto, ON. Canada

Reply to
HWC

Greetings to all!

I am the proud owner of a brand new 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon; just made the first payment on hopefully will be my last car (I am 52). From what I have been reading on the Subaru Forum (alt.autos.subaru) I look forward to 200K US Miles with her, provided I do the proper maintenance.

My last car, a 1993 Ford Taurus, finally bit the big one when the tranny went kaput, with only 138K US Miles on her.

Since she is a Japanese car, though built in West Lafayette, Indiana, the proper term is

B A N Z A I ! ! ! !

L C Robinson

Reply to
Leonard C Robinson