liberty gx auto antenna connector

I am in the process of installing a recently purchased pioneer car cd/radio model DEH-P4650MP.

Everything works fine once installed and connected, exccept for the automatic antenna which doesn't come up or down when the radio is turned on.

What I need to find out is which color wire from the stock standard oem connector for a Clarion audio system, powers the Antenna relay.

The wire from the antenna 12v is clearly marked on the Pioneeer audio cable, I Just need to know exactly which wire to connect it to in my Subary Liberty GX 94.

All advice appreciated.

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

American Haynes manual for 90-98 years lists a "typical" audio system.

Power antenna control wire is listed as black with green trace, or green with orange trace.

Hopefully, your leftover harness, after using up all the speaker and power wires, has only one or the other.

ymmv, zero

Reply to
beertender

thanks for that. Found it. It was the only unused/unlabled wire on the ISO harness adaper I purchased. (subaru -> clarion socket and Clarion -> Pioneer head unit).

I wish they had wired it up in the first place and labled all the wires on the harness.

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

It is the blue wire, the same one that turns on your amplifier if you have one.

Reply to
Sean Scott

Eh bud, he means the one on the car side of the harness, and the atenna specific wire only gives 12v when it is in the radio mode...

Buckshot

Reply to
Buckshot