looking for the water temp sensor

i have a 93 impreza 1.8 , im looking to find out if the water temp sensor is just above the alt.? i stopped in at o'reillys to get a head light and asked to get a price on the sensor (they have to order it) but the lady asked "subaru is that a truck?"i asked her WHAT? as if she was the dumbest thing on earth.but i do live in cent. il. everyone drives gm/ford/dodge.i like the other 3 subaru/toyota/mitsubishi.but thanks for any help you all could give me. corey

Reply to
itsa93sl1

A lot of parts/accessory catalogs list "Subaru Truck" for the Forester. It is a truck by US import regs, probably done to get past some smog/CAFE issues.

Reply to
nobody >

The OP has '93 Impreza 1.8l - not remotely 'truck like'. And I'm pretty sure US regs consider the Forester a 'station wagon' despite it's attempt to appear SUV-ish.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

check with

(email Jamie through the website) for a decent price (there are other on-line OEM sources too) and maybe a faxed drawing of its location. Was any work done recently under the hood? maybe a loose connector or broken wire?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I forget whether it was wiper blades or bulbs...but the catalog on the rack definitely had a "Subaru Truck" section with Forester models in it.

I could be wrong about the Forester being flagged as a truck, it may have been the Outback.. but Subaru requested that some of its vehicles be classed as trucks to get around some Federal regs.

Reply to
nobody >

I DO recall the Outback getting some designation like that due to its suspension height.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Don't blame her, she's only following the prompts on the screen to get to the part number. Like buying spark plugs for my 91 XR7, I tell the guyit's a Mercury Cougar with the 5 liter high output and he says.....is that a 6 or 8 cylinder.....he's only following the prompts for him on the screen.

-- John

Reply to
John